Don't get me wrong. I'm glad I went back to school. Just between that and everything else, it doesn't leave much time for blogging.
Well its been an interesting few months... I'd just thought I review my resolutions for the year.
1. Eating Healthier.
- Eating Breakfast(Check, Usually this is two or three slices of whole grain toast with butter)
- Bring a lunch (I'm doing very well here as well. Of course losing my job and being on a tighter budget helped this one along)
- Cut back on soda (I haven't done this one very well at all, I'm up to 3 or 4 cokes a day)
Two of three in this category. Not bad... not great.
2. Exercising More
- Walk a lot (I walk less now than I used to)
- Exercise More (my new job is about a 100 yards from a gym, I just got a membership now I just need to go)
I'm not sure how to count this. I walk less because I don't ride the bus, I don't ride the bus because it wouldn't work out with my new job. So its a failure but there isn't much I can do about it. As for the gym membership, I just need to go (got the membership yesterday). Zero for two. For now.
3. Get Enough Sleep
- overall I'm doing ok
- but finals week I only got 29 hours over a 7 day period, 56 hours would be ideal (8*7)
I still could do better on this, though I am doing better than I was.
4. Earn Straight A's
- So far so good
It was a close one this time. The layoff really affected my motivation early in the semester. Although I earned A's, it was just barely. Toward the end of the semester I really got my mojo back. My friend was named valedictorian (Congrats Matt) and that really reminded me of my goal. I feel pretty motivated going into the summer semester. I should graduate next April. (Under one year left)
5. Look Presentable
- I feel like I'm doing pretty well on this
Job hunting and a new job have really helped me adopt a new habit here.
Well, the resolutions are doing pretty well on the whole, but there is still work to be done.
In other news. The new job is nice. I bought a new-to-me car (the subject of another post) and a new attachment to my grill (a side fire box, brisket anyone?).
So how is life for you?