Monday, January 30, 2006

Intimidation

So I'm writing a children's book. Correction I've written the book, the text anyway. Then I started on the art and ... BAM! I hit a brick wall, I had taken some art in High School, but what little skill I had then has completely left. So I've decided to learn to draw. (again, in a way, I never was above a sub par level)

In a word I'm intimidated. I know what I want for my book. I know its going to take a long time and a lot of work to even get in that ballpark. If I can get there at all. The author, of the art book I am reading, claims no talent is needed, just good hard work. And to tell you the truth that the only thing giving me hope. So I've bought a sketch book (two actually) hopefully after I fill those I'll see some improvement.

I'm trying to find subjects that I like to draw, so I wont quit. I like drawing ships, boats and the ocean. I can see why Homer liked it. Homer's work is amazing, I look at it and I just get intimidated all over again. Cross your fingers for me.

No comments: