Friday, April 27, 2007

Sushi, it's what's for dinner.

I wanted sushi but we couldn't afford to go out for it. So Superwoman and I wipped up this oriental style meal. I made the sushi (left), its a California roll, with shrimp and celery added. Superwoman made the egg roll (center) from scratch, but we bought wrappers. Gyoza (known as potstickers if you are a fan of Chinese food) [right] we buy in a frozen in the bag, Superwoman cooked this too. At the top is Gari, pickeled ginger, it goes with the sushi. Just put a bit on your last peice of a roll to cleanse your palette before moving on to you next dish.

Sometimes nothing can beat a homecooked meal, especially if your broke. What's your favorite homecooked meal?

6 comments:

Doctor Mom™ said...

This looks like a beautiful dinner! Although I do not and have never eaten nor completely understood sushi....

I will, however, work on your billboard this week and post a direct link here!

How did the kids like your fancy dinner?

Bob said...

I just noticed that there is a sushi bar over in Big City, but I doubt I can get Mrs Nobody to go there with me.

Scarlet said...

Sushi is yumm... well done on the home cooked meal.

Sushiboy said...

DM - Yah the kids enjoyed the meal. They are big fans of eastern food.

Nobody- Superwoman was convinced that she wouldn't like sushi either. So I always took her to a Japanese resteruant where she could get a meal she liked and I could get sushi and we could still eat together. I kept bugging her to try sushi and after about 2 or three years she gave it a shot. She likes it now.

Scarlet- Thx

Anonymous said...

That actually looks pretty good, but I don't like cooked fish, so I'm pretty sure I won't like RAW fish...just sayin - the eggroll - looks awesome!

Sushiboy said...

Mrs.N- If you don't like fish, you won't like a lot of traditional sushi. You might find quite a few fusion (American and Japanese cuisine fused into one) sushi types that you like. I cook mainly fusion sushi. You might sushi rolls like: Steak & Sauteed Onions, Bacon-Avacado & Tomato and vegetarian rolls.

Yummy!