Sunday, May 27, 2007

Star Wars: 30 Years Later


One nice thing about being born in 1977 is that I am the same age as Star Wars. Star Wars came about 3 weeks after I did. (and Elvis still had a few months to live)

As I type I'm watching a special on g4 (aka nerd tv) covering the Star Wars 30 year celebration. Star Wars at 30. Cookie Monster and I are enjoying the nerdfest. And it is a nerdfest with people doing Cos Play, folks who have built their own R2-D2s, action figures, comic books, cartoons, video games, Star Wars Kid and an infamous metal bikini. If you are even the slightest form of a Star Wars geek you owe it to yourself to check out one of the re-broadcasts. Star Wars Rocks.

6 comments:

Bob said...

G4 is still on the air? I locked it out of my channel list. I hate them for killing off what little remained of TechTV. I long for the days of ZDTV. I miss Kate & Leo.

Sushiboy said...

Sadly G4 is a sad shell of what it once was. They have been reduced to showing reruns of The Man Show. Occassionally they still hae something good though. Like the an episode of TechTV or the Star Wars Special.

DadGuy said...

Sometimes I think I miss having extended cable. Then I remember the year or so that we had it and griped all the time that there was still nothing on TV.

Maybe I'll go download it and watch it.

Bittorrent is amazing. =)

Sushiboy said...

I don't watch the extended channels very much. But Superwoman loves the SciFi channel and the kids love BOOM (boomerand, old skool cartoons). Just as long as I have Vs. But I love the HD National Geographic channel, I'd have a hard time giving that one up.

Bob said...

Discovery FTW. I love Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs.

Sushiboy said...

Discovery is good stuff. I've also enjoyed Planet Earth and Cash Cab.