Sunday, January 27, 2008

So I promise this isn't going to become a religious/political blog.

So I'm not out to make my blog a political soapbox and I'm not out to preach my religion on the blog either. I'm gonna talk about Mormons for bit. Read on if you want.


Gordon B. Hinckley, president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints died today. He was 97.

So what did some old dude mean to me? He meant you could be religious, committed and still enjoy yourself. You could be silly and serious. You could live your life according to a Moral Code, and not be all stuffy about it.

My religion and what I believe make up a huge part of who I am. I appreciate he taught me how to do that with out being self righteous or smug or judging. I try not to be, I may not be perfect at it, but I try and I'm grateful for his example. There is a lot of things I could say, the article I linked, and the others you can read say most of them.

So anyway, I looked up to Gordon Hinckley. I'll miss him.

2 comments:

Amy said...

What a nice post.

I read the article. I'm always fascinated to read about peoples lives, and this was no exception.

Thanks for sharing, Sushiboy!

Sushiboy said...

Thanks for reading Amy. I hope your are making it through the cold temps and high snows ok!