Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I survived the MS150

75 Miles DownJune 24-25th was the MS150 for the local chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. It was super hot (96 - 98 degrees on both days)and I pulled a the muscle that runs along the right side of my right knee, but I made it! Despite the hardships a lot of good things came out of my ride.

  • I raised (people donated) over $600 to a good cause
  • Our team (of four, myself, two co-workers and a spouse of a co-worker)raised over $2000
  • My blood pressure is the lowest its been in 5 years
  • Saved hundreds of dollars in gas by using bike to commute (I hate paying $3.00 a gallon)

Other than my knee hurting for a couple of weeks after, I had a really good time. I was going to do another tour, ULCER, but due to a recent surgery I'm not in any kind of shape for it :P. There is always next year.

No comments: