Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Television

We had an unexpected windfall. While pretty much all the money will be slapped into savings for a house. Superwoman and I are going to allot a portion of it to replace 36 inch monitor that went out a year ago. We are looking for a CRT for price, lack of burn in, wide viewing angle and product lifetime. We would like to go HD, but we aren't sure if we want to spend that much. ( I hate being an adult) I liked watching DVD's in progressive, but I don't know if I want to shell out the cash.

Thoughts?

3 comments:

Bob said...

You suck.

I'm still watching a 10 year old 27" Sony Trinitron. My wife won't let me get an HD set. I did talk her into an LCD set for our bedroom, but it's a 20" NTSC.

I might get a big screen HD set for Christmas.

I think CRT is the best bet.

Sushiboy said...

Our old one is 8 years old and hasn't been working for a year :P. Glad to see I'm not the only one that still likes CRT. Plasma seems to be the fad right now.

Bob said...

From what I've heard, we've had a lot of problems with Plasmas at work. Granted, we run them 24x7x365, but we've had a lot of infant mortalities. AFAIK all of them are Sony.

Plasma's also eat a lot of power and run hot. I'll stick with either CRT or LCD. I'm into Energy Star stuff these days. Our power company just raised our rates by 70% so I need to conserve electricity.