Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Salmon Kebob

I've making a lot of sushi lately and I have started making my own recipes. Tonight I made up my first non-sushi recipe, Salmon Kebobs. (As seen before cooking, to the right)

I made up my own marinade recipe. It had a Coca Cola base, with Jalapeno and other spices and aromatics in it. It turned out pretty well, (I was afraid I was going to ruin the salmon) but it was a little understated. Next time I make it I have a few things in mind to give the salmon a little more punch.

I also put bacon on the kebob which really livened the salmon and vegetables up! I added a rice ball with chow mien noodles (those are sticking out sides for effect), and we had grilled squash and zucchini from the garden. I think that it turned out really well. I give myself 3 1/2 stars!

No comments: